Suspects to be identified in Fraud investigation,
Henry Street and Baldwin Street area
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance identifying suspects involved in a home renovation fraud that occurred in the Henry Street and Baldwin Street area.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, March 10, 2023, the suspect knocked on the door of a residence
- he stated he was a home renovator and that he had observed damage on the victim's roof
- the suspect demanded to come inside and went into the residence with two other suspects
- all three suspects advised the victim the roof needed immediate repairs for a water leak
- the suspects demanded a cash payment and would not leave until they were paid
- the victim provided payment, and the suspects left, promising to return to complete the work
- the suspects have not returned and have been seen in the neighbourhood knocking on doors of other residences
Images of the suspects have been released:
- Suspect #1: 40 to 50 years-old, with a large build. Wearing a green plaid shirt and a black vest.
- Suspect #2: 25 to 35 years-old, with a thin build. Wearing a dark jacket and neon safety vest.
- Suspect #3: 25 to 35 years-old, with a medium build. Wearing dark clothing and a neon safety vest. Carrying a red and black tool bag.
Police are concerned there may be more victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.
Check out our podcast, 24 Shades of Blue with Obie & Ax.