Fatal Collision #35/2023,
Wellington Street East and Scott Street,
Vehicle and Driver Have Been Located
On Tuesday, November 14, 2023, at approximately 6:38 a.m., a fatal fail to remain collision occurred between a motor vehicle and a pedestrian at Wellington Street East and Scott Street.
It is reported that:
- a black SUV was travelling northbound on Scott Street, and stopped at Wellington Street East
- the SUV then proceeded north on Scott Street, mounting the curb while doing so
- the SUV then struck a 57-year-old pedestrian, who was sleeping on the southeast corner
- the pedestrian was transported to hospital where he was pronounced deceased
- images of the suspect's vehicle have been released. It is believed the vehicle is a black Ford Expedition
See previous release.
On Tuesday, November 14, 2023, police located the driver involved, along with the vehicle involved, with the assistance of the public.
No charges have been laid at this time, however Traffic Services continues to investigate this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.
Check out our podcast, 24 Shades of Blue with Obie & Ax.