Robbery Suspects Wanted
Toronto Police investigators are seeking the public’s help in locating people wanted for their roles in some violent robberies last year.
On July 29, just before 8 p.m., three suspects wearing masks entered a hair salon in the Kennedy Rd. and McNicol Ave. area where there were about 15 people inside, including customers and staff.
Two of the suspects ordered everyone to the ground and made demands for money. The third suspect produced a handgun and ordered everyone to the floor while pointing the gun at employees.
The suspects removed a quantity of money from the cash register and stole a purse belonging to an employee before fleeing on foot. Though there were no injuries, they obtained a quantity of money and a purse containing personal identification and bank cards.
Ibrahim Mohammed, 22, of Durham, is wanted for robbery with a firearm, disguise with intent and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence. He is described as male, brown, having a medium build, 5’9” and short curly hair, possibly unshaven.
View Mohammed's photo and view security video of the robbery here.
On Friday, September 30 shortly after midnight, two suspects circled the area of Bathurst St. and Eglinton Ave. W., following a victim who was driving their 2017 Ferrari in the company of another person.
Both occupants exited the vehicle and were walking towards a residence when the suspects approached them, demanding the keys to the Ferrari. One of the suspects brandished a knife, gestured towards the victim and asked for the keys.
The victim relinquished them and the suspects fled in his vehicle. The Ferrari F12 was valued at approximately $1,000,000.00.
In a second related incident on November 6 at about 1.03 a.m., the victim was returning home in his 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider and was parking his vehicle.
Upon exiting, he noticed a person, who had exited a vehicle driven by an accomplice, walking towards him.
While holding a knife, the suspect aggressively went through the victim’s pockets until he located the key. The suspect drove off at a high rate of speed in tandem with the getaway vehicle.
Both stolen vehicles have been recovered.
At a press conference at police headquarters on January 23, Inspector Richard Harris of the Hold Up Squad said four suspects were identified as being responsible for the two carjacking incidents.
On November 22, three of the four were located and arrested.
Samuel Wyncenty, Beaudon Petrohelos and Elliot Raines, all of Toronto, are facing several charges.
“Search warrants were executed at related residences and several items of evidentiary value were recovered during the searches,” said Harris.
Ryan Tyson, 23, of Toronto remains outstanding.
Harris said he is also being sought in relation to an incident last October where he is alleged to have driven a car into a police officer while trying to flee.
Warrants for his arrest have been issued for his role in the carjacking robberies and attempted murder.
Tyson is described as male, White, thin build, 6’1”, short hair, possibly unshaved.
On Wednesday, November 30 at about 8.45 p.m., two armed suspects with their identities concealed by ski masks, got into a victim’s car in the underground parking lot of a condominium building in the Liberty St. and Dufferin St. area and pointed a gun at the individual.
The victim was handcuffed and a ski mask was placed on his head. The suspects escorted the victim to his condominium unit where there was another tenant who they handcuffed.
The suspects ransacked the unit, placing items of value into duffle bags they had. Both victims were forced into a bedroom in the unit.
A short time later, a third victim – unknown to the victims – arrived at the unit and confronted the suspects in an attempt to stop the robbery. That individual was shot three times.
The suspects fled the scene with a quantity of property obtained in the home invasion robbery.
The victim was transported to a trauma centre where they underwent emergency surgery.
“The victim thankfully survived, but has suffered life-altering injuries,” said Harris.
During the investigation by Hold Up Squad members with assistance from 14 Division Primary Response officers and Forensic Identification Services, Boaz Frimpong, 28, was identified as a suspect. He surrendered to police on January 24 after the news conference.
In addition, Hold-Up Squad investigators are seeking the public’s assistance identifying the second male suspect.
He is described as male, Black, about 5’ 10” to 6 ft. tall with a heavy build. He was wearing a dark winter jacket, a dark face covering and black running shoes.
“We understand these types of crimes can have a lasting impact on victims, whether they are physically injured or not, which is why we will continue to investigate and are seeking the public’s help finding these individuals who are clearly violent and dangerous,” added Harris.
Of the 171 incidents the Hold Up Squad investigated last year, Harris said many have been solved or suspects have been identified.
“That’s in part thanks to community members offering input through making phone calls directly to police and/or the use of the Crime Stoppers program,” he said, of the anonymous tipline that can be reached at 1-800-222-TIPS.