The TROOP Program is a camping and canoeing program that takes at-risk youth out of the city and into a wilderness environment.
- Aboriginal Peacekeeping Unit
- Auxiliary Program
- Adult & Youth Volunteer Program
- Community Engagement
- Community Police Academy
- Community-School Liaison Officer / School Engagement Team
- Consultative Committees
- Crime Prevention
- FOCUS Toronto
- Kids, Cops & Computers Programs
- LGBTQ2S Community
- Lockdown/Threat Assessment
- Military Veterans Wellness Program
- Mobile Crisis Intervention Team
- Neighbourhood Community Officer Program
- Troop Program
- Vulnerable Persons
- Youth Pre-Charge Diversion Program
- Youth In Policing Initiative
The Crime Prevention Coordinator is also the coordinator for one of ProAction’s largest and longest running programs, TROOP (Toronto Recreational Outreach Outtripping Program). TROOP is a camping and canoeing program that takes at risk youth out of the city and into a wilderness environment. The youth are trained, and receive a provincial level certification in canoeing. TROOP works closely with the Boundless School, giving youth that have dropped out of high school a chance to earn the lost credits, and get their diploma.
Duties of the TROOP Coordinator include but not limited to
- Plan, budget and implement all TROOP Trips;
- Give TROOP Presentations to youth and community partners;
- Recruit youth and community volunteers for the TROOP Program;
- Liaise with the Boundless School;
- Attend Boundless lead trips with youth;
- Follow-up with youth and provide assistance where necessary; and
- Complete year-end report for ProAction Cops and Kids.
As the TROOP Coordinator, the Crime Prevention Coordinator dedicates approximately two months of time and work to the program in a year. Most of that time is spent prepping, cleaning, or being out on a trip which takes place throughout the summer. The rest of the time spent on other TROOP related duties is spread out throughout the year, and is completed as needed.
15-20 Body-Worn Camera
15-20 Body-Worn Cameras Appendix A
Hate the Hate -- Report the Crime
Please note that some documents might not render correctly in your browser. For best experience, download/save the document to your desktop first.