People Strategy & Performance
People Strategy & Performance oversees the development of the People vision, strategy and its implementation.
People Strategy & Performance, a newer unit within the People & Culture pillar, oversees the development of the People vision, strategy and its implementation. As a team of technical human resources experts, they are responsible for seizing on emerging industry trends, as well as collaborating with other People & Culture teams, to anticipate the Service’s needs in order to design, develop, and continuously improve HR programs, policies, strategies and processes.
The mandate of this unit includes
- Aligning People & Culture priorities and areas of focus with the strategy of the Toronto Police Service
- Designing, developing and implementing industry-leading performance and talent management programs, including goal setting, development planning, performance expectations, succession management, and high potential identification
- Developing workforce reporting and analytics for leaders to support evidence-based decision making, as well as the preparation of strategic reports, dashboards and analysis on People & Culture programs to ensure that the pillar is meeting its performance indicators and service level expectations
- Overseeing the Toronto Police Service’s response to the Organizational Culture Assessment by mindfully engaging and supporting our leaders and members to create and cultivate a set of values, beliefs and behaviours that shape the way things are done at the Toronto Police Service
- Working collaboratively with the Toronto Police College to enhance our leadership and management capabilities
Contact People Strategy & Performance
Manager Jennifer Johnston-Heikamp