The Parking Enforcement Unit contributes to the overall safety and security of the people of Toronto.
The Parking Enforcement Unit contributes to the overall safety and security of the people of Toronto by focusing on the Toronto Police Service traffic safety priorities. This is achieved through various strategies including enforcement, visibility, public awareness and education programs.
Specifically the Unit is charged with
- Assisting with the safe and orderly flow of traffic;
- Responding to the public and private parking concerns of the community.
- Regulating parking through the equitable and discretionary application of by-laws.
- Providing operational support to the Toronto Police Service; Language interpretation, stolen vehicle recovery, corporate and local community-policing initiatives, emergency support, crime management, and other tasks as required.
- Assisting at special events, ensuring the safe and unobstructed movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Fostering crime prevention by providing a radio equipped, highly visible, uniformed presence in our communities.
- Performing such duties as may be directed by the Chief of Police.
The following services are available online through City of Toronto
- Renew residential permit parking on-line.
- Temporary on-street parking permit available on-line.
- New Residential Front Yard and Boulevard Parking Regulation
- Toronto Transit Commission parking lots
- Construction permit information
- Accessible Parking Permits, Parking Exemptions and Permit Holder Responsibilities
For more information, visit the City of Toronto's Parking Regulations.
For more information on the Dispute process, visit the City of Toronto's Parking Disputes.
Parking Tickets can be paid online through the City of Toronto. For enquires and support on payment of parking tickets, call 416-397-TAGS (8247) between 8:30-4:30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
Contact Parking Enforcement
Manager Brian Moniz