The Information Access unit processes requests from both community members and/or their legal representatives (including insurance companies and the media). These requests are for information created by the Toronto Police Service and subject to disclosure pursuant to MFIPPA. Information Access is comprised of the following subsections:
Access & Privacy: Members in this subsection are responsible for coordinating the Toronto Police Service’s regulatory requirements with respect to the dissemination of records, documents, reports, etc., in accordance with MFIPPA
- Records Release: Members in this subsection are responsible for retrieving and disclosing Toronto Police Service records as required/requested by the public (e.g. Police Reference Check Program requests, Insurance company response letters, urgent requests for information related to domestic violence, etc.)
- Criminal Records: Members in this subsection maintain criminal record files, ensure the accuracy of police records and respond to routine inquiries from Toronto Police Service members and external law enforcement agencies on issues related to criminal records. This subsection is also responsible for requests/appeals for fingerprint and photograph destruction
Contact Information Access
Information Access Service Counter Open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding statutory holidays.
HQ Drop Box for completed Vulnerable Sector Applications (and any required payment) open Monday – Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm, excluding statutory holidays.
- Police Reference Check Program (PRCP) Information Line – 416-808-7991
- PRCP section can be reached Monday/Wednesday/Friday
from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 416-808-8244, excluding statutory holidays
- Vulnerable Sector Check Status Update Line – 416-808-8253
- Confirmation letter/Accident (MVA)/Occurrence/Lost (or stolen) Passport Inquiry Line: 416-808-8240 (answered live Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]