311 Toronto provides residents, businesses and visitors with easy access to non-emergency City of Toronto services, programs and information 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can offer assistance in more than 180 languages.

However, 311 Toronto does handle urgent requests to turn off city water or for burst pipes on City of Toronto property as well as road maintenance issues such as snowplowing and potholes.

If you have any issues with manure left by Toronto Police horses, you can also call the City of Toronto at 3-1-1 for pick-up.

In addition to calling, many requests can be made online, from a request for pick-up of household hazardous waste and repair of damaged City of Toronto garbage bins to reporting graffiti vandalism on City of Toronto property or frozen water pipes. 311 Toronto also handles the removal of dead animals and animals that may be in distress.

Many issues are the jurisdiction of bylaw enforcement officers, not the police, including:

  • Business operating illegally
  • Residence with frequent garage sales
  • Noise complaints
  • Waste or illegal dumping on City of Toronto property
  • Fence height on private property
  • Sign complaints
  • Private property maintenance issues

Visit the 311 Toronto webpage

Make the Right Call