Scheduling a Paid Duty Officer
Off-duty police officers are available for hire to provide police presence for a range of functions:
Escorts for wide/oversized loads
Security at sporting events, concerts, banquets, community and school events
Increase in Paid Duty Rates as of January 1, 2022
Police Constables (all classifications): $78.50 (minimum $235.50)
Sergeants (when in charge of 4 or more police officers): $89.00 (minimum $267.00)
Staff Sergeant (when in charge of 10 or more officers): $98.00 (minimum $294.00)
How to Request a Paid Duty Officer
1. New Customers will need to fill out the New Paid Duty Customer form below and email it to [email protected].
- A new customer request can take up to two weeks to finalize.
- New customers will receive customer service number from Accounting Services via email.
2. Using your customer number, complete the Paid Duty Request form below and email to [email protected].
- Security Paid Duty requests require a minimum of two weeks notice to process.
- Traffic Paid Duty requests require a minimum of five days notice to process.
3. You will receive an email which will include:
- Identification Number (ID #s) and an estimate of the cost associated with your paid duty request.
- Proceed to our online payment website pay.tps.ca
4. Once payment has been processed, you will get an email advising you your request has been “Posted” for officers to apply for.
5. Once an officer has been awarded your paid duty, you will get an email advising you that your request has been “Awarded."
6. If you require changes to your paid duty request, please email: [email protected]
- Any changes, revisions or cancellations to paid duty requests will only be processed during office hours.
- Late payments may result in the inability to process the paid duty request in the prescribed timelines.
Paid Duty Request
New Paid Duty Customer Form
Frequently Asked Questions
What functions can a Paid Duty Officer perform?
What paid duties functions are NOT permitted?
What are the rates and fees associated with requesting a paid duty officer?
What information do I need to provide when making a request for a paid duty officer?
Who do I contact regarding the funds on my TPS account?
Is my paid duty request guaranteed to be filled?
What is the ID # and the importance of it?
What do the emails I am receiving mean?
How do I cancel a request?
I received an email stating my paid duty has been void? What is the difference between cancelled and void?
How do I pay for paid duty service?
How do I revise or make changes to a paid duty request?
How do I revise the date of my paid duty request?
How do I communicate with the CPDO with regards to my experience with an officer that was assigned my paid duty?
How do I pay online for the paid duty service?
How do I know if my online payment went through?
If I pay online, how do I know my payment information is secure?
What if there is a difference between estimated cost of the paid duty that I have prepaid and the actual cost of the paid duty event?
I over-estimated, or overpaid my paid duty request. How do I claim for refund?
Are there other payment methods available, aside from online payment?
I anticipate that I will have high volume of paid duty requests or frequent booking of paid duty.
What is Toronto Police Service’s HST number?
2022 Rates for Officers and Equipment
Officers, boats, vehicles, bicycles, dogs and horses are available for rental for various functions and events. These costs of paid duty are estimates, and not an official quote or invoice. The Toronto Police Service reserves the right to make the final assessment of the paid duty request.
|Rank of Officer||Hourly Rate||Minimum Amount|
|Police Constable (all classifications)||$78.50||$235.50|
|Sergeant (when in charge of 4 or more officers)||$89.00||$267.00|
|Staff Sergeant (when in charge of 10 or more officers)||$98.00||$294.00|
|Type of Equipment||Hourly Rate|
|Motor Vehicles/motorcycles (minimum of 3 hours)||$37.38|
|Motorized Boat - first 3 hours||$350.47|
|Motorized Boat - for each subsequent hours after the first 3||$105.61|
|Horse or Dog - per assignment||$53.27|
|Trailer or Bicycle - per assignment||$21.50|
- Due to time required to prepare horses, an additional hour will be required for the assigned officer.
- All fees for paid duty officers, administrative and rentals are subject to 13% HST
Paid Duty Estimator
Spreadsheet to help customer calculate costs of a paid duty request.
How to Pay Guide
Paid Duty Terms of Agreement
Contact Central Paid Duty Office
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sundays: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed on Statutory Holidays