Information Access Service Counter Closures
Due to system upgrades, Information Access Service Counter will be closed on Wednesday, June 15, from 7:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. At this time we will not be able to process payment or accept any requests. The drop box for vulnerable sector checks will be available during this time.
On Thursday, June 23, the Counter will be closed at 12:00pm for the remainder of the day due to an event being hosted at Headquarters. The Counter will re-open Friday, June 24, at 7:00 a.m.
To book an appointment and see current availability, please visit the following link: Toronto Police Service Appointment Booker
When applying to change your name through the Government of Ontario, you may be required to submit a police record check along with your application.
Please review the Government of Ontario website at ontario.ca/page/change-name for further information on how to change your name and when you are required to request a police record check.
If you are required to get a police record check for the purpose of a name change please follow the following steps to apply:
Applying in Person
- Print, fill out and bring the Name Change Record Check form below to Toronto Police Headquarters, 40 College Street.
- Must present 2 pieces of government-issued identification, one bearing a photo, full name, and date of birth.
- Pay the administrative fee of $45.00 by debit/credit/certified cheque or money order made payable to the Toronto Police Service (this administrative fee does not apply to individuals under the age of 18).
Applying via mail
- Print and fill out the Name Change Record Check form below
- Must enclose clear copies of 2 pieces of government-issued identification, one bearing a photo, full name, and date of birth.
- Include administrative fee of $45.00 by certified cheque/money order made payable to the Toronto Police Service (this administrative fee does not apply to individuals under the age of 18).
Toronto Police Service 40 College Street Toronto, ON M5G 2J3 Attention: Police Reference Check Program
Further questions regarding the process can be directed to the Police Reference Check Program via email: [email protected].
Name Change Record Check Consent
Local Police Records Check
Criminal Record Check Authorization
Please note that some documents might not render correctly in your browser. For best experience, download/save the document to your desktop first.
Contact Information Access
Information Access Service Counter Open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding statutory holidays.
HQ Drop Box for completed Vulnerable Sector Applications (and any required payment) open Monday – Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm, excluding statutory holidays.
- Police Reference Check Program (PRCP) Information Line – 416-808-7991
- PRCP section can be reached Monday/Wednesday/Friday
from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 416-808-8244, excluding statutory holidays
- Vulnerable Sector Check Status Update Line – 416-808-8253
- Confirmation letter/Accident (MVA)/Occurrence/Lost (or stolen) Passport Inquiry Line: 416-808-8240 (answered live Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]